Eyal Shifroni practices yoga since 1978 and teaches Iyengar Yoga since 1985. As a Senior-Level teacher, Eyal directs the “Iyengar Yoga Center of Zichron-Ya’akov” in Israel and conducts yoga workshops in Israel and around the world.
Eyal published so far 6 books about yoga:
- A Chair for Yoga – A complete guide to Iyengar Yoga practice with a chair
- Props for Yoga Vol. I – Standing Asanas
- Props for Yoga Vol. II – Sitting Asanas and Forward Extensions
- Props for Yoga Vol. III – Inverted Asanas
- The Psychophysical Lab – Yoga Practice and the Mind-Body Problem (with Ohad Nachtomy)
- The Extended Chair for Yoga – A Comprehensive Guide to Iyengar Yoga practice with a chair
He wrote many articles about the practice and the philosophy of yoga, and translated two of B.K.S. Iyengar’s books to Hebrew (The Tree of Yoga & Light on Pranayama).
As one of the most senior teachers in Israel, Eyal is active in the IYAI (Iyengar Yoga Association of Israel). He conducts teacher training courses and takes active part in the assessment of new teachers.
Eyal also holds a PhD in Computer Science from the Technion (the Israeli Institute of Technology); and for many years had taught Computer Science in Israel.
If you wish to organize workshops to introduce the material from Eyal’s books (or in any other subject in the realm of Iyengar Yoga), please contact Eyal.
For more information about Eyal and his Yoga center in Israel, please visit the English page of the Center in Zichron-Ya’akov.
You can also sign up for my mailing list and receive quarterly newsletters.