This course covers Eyal’s book:
The Extended Chair for Yoga – 2020 (an extension of A Chair for Yoga – 2013).
This course offers a systematic and safe way to progress in your asana practice. The classes here build on the material presented in the book The Extended Chair for Yoga (abbreviated to ECFY) and present a different way of working with this knowledge. Practicing asanas with a chair is a way to both build up strong foundations and to further deepen an existing practice as a way to nurture a deeper awareness.
Intermediate to Advanced
In this course
- 5 classes, each about 2 hours long
- Instructions for how to use a chair
- Each class previews the sequence of asanas practiced in that lesson
- An indication of the page in which that variation is shown in The Extended Chair for Yoga
If you still don’t own a copy of The Extended Chair for Yoga it is strongly recommended to purchase the book so you’ll be able to follow along
(Available as an ebook or paperback)
10 Hours of Classes!
This course provides
- Learning content from The Extended Chair for Yoga
- An experiential learning for many variations that can be done with a yoga-chair
- Enhanced understanding of asana practice
- Strong foundational teaching that will enable you to continue and explore further options with the chair.
Read about the ECFY book
The chair is a multi-purpose prop that offers a vast number of applications for all types of asanas and all levels of yoga students. It can:
- Help beginners learn basic poses
- Guide advanced practitioners toward advanced poses
- Enable aging and injured people to continue their practice
Chairs are widely available, easily storable, and inexpensive. This makes them an ideal replacement for large, specialized, and expensive props such as benches and trestles, which practitioners typically cannot have at home, and which yoga centers cannot provide for each student in a class.
Since the initial publication of his successful book, A Chair for Yoga, the author has discovered many new and exciting ways of using the chair for yoga. This new book is an expanded, richer adaptation of the first book.
- It more than doubles the number of variations, while still keeping the original variations from A Chair for Yoga.
- It includes more than 600 photos – illustrating how to perform each variation.
- It contains eight new practice sequences, in addition to the one presented in The Chair for Yoga.
There is a lot to explore in this book for both yoga practitioners and yoga teachers. One of the sequences even caters to non-practitioners who may wish to refresh during their office workday.
Those who studied A Chair for Yoga will find here a trove of new ideas for hours of enjoyable yoga practice and exploration of the asanas!