In his workshops and online classes Eyal covers different aspects of Iyengar Yoga. Eyal sees the practice as a lab that enables one to study one's own body and mind. Hence the emphasizes on explorative and innovative approach to the practice.
Yoga Retreat in Bab-Zouina, Morocco – May, 8-14, 2024
May 8, 2024 @ 8:00 am – May 14, 2024 @ 5:00 pm Morroco
We continue with what has now become a tradition of yoga retreats in Bab-Zouina (near the city of Marrakesh, Morocco)! After the success of the previous retreats (See some impressions from the 2022 retreat), I am happy to post information about the 2024 retreat.
Bab-Zouina is a little heaven in which the birds are continuously singing among the trees and the blooming flowers. It has a swimming pool, Hamam (traditional Turkish bath), and a tennis court.
The yoga hall in Bab-Zouina has a capacity of 28 students and it is equipped with all the necessary props (chairs, wall-ropes, and so on). Karim, the owner, is a wonderful host and also an Iyengar Yoga practitioner.
The program includes asana practice, Pranayama, morning and afternoon meditation, and chanting (of Bija mantras). There will also be optional excursions in the surroundings of Bab-Zouina and an optional 4-day trek in the Atlas Mountains, after the retreat.
Inbar Grinberg – a certified Iyengar Yoga teacher will assist Eyal and teach two of the afternoon sessions (see schedule below).
Dates & Schedule
- Arrival: May, 7th evening
- Retreat Days: May 8-14, on the 14th we’ll finish around 5 pm
- Departure: May 14, Evening (or May 15)
The daily schedule in Bab-Zouina is as follows:
- 07:00 – 08:00 – Meditation (20 min) & Pranayama (40 min)
- 08:00 – Tea & local dried fruits
- 08:30 – 11:00 – Asanas
- 11:00 – Brunch
- 11:00 – 16:15 – Excursion or free time (pool, Hamam, etc.)
- 16:20 – 17:00 – chanting of Bija mantras that are connected to the Chakras – by Sonali Sibal
- 17:00 – 19:30 – Asanas and a short (10-15 min) meditation, 5 times during the week*
- 20:00 – Dinner
* On the 3rd and the 6th days, there won’t be afternoon sessions, instead, there will be (optional) excursions to Marrakesh and to nearby sites (Anima Gardens, Berber Market, camel rides, and so on), or leisure time at the pool, Hamam or massage.
* On the 4th and the 7th days, the assisting teacher will lead the class, and Eyal will be there to help.
|Price per participant (in euros)|
|Double room, shared bathroom||1325|
|Double room, private bathroom||1446|
|Single room, shared bathroom||1568|
|Single room, private bathroom||1689|
The above price includes accommodation (7 or 8 nights), meals in Bab Zouina, yoga classes as well as transfers from and to the airport. Karim will organize the excursions, the Hamam, and the massage (these are not included in the price, but are very affordable).
- The price doesn’t include flights, travel insurance, and a visa to Morocco (in case you need it).
- We will try as much as possible to keep prices as announced, but in case of severe inflation, we may have to revise them.
- Participants who will depart on the 15th due to their flight schedule can have an extra night in Bab Zouina, (included in the package).
Registration is done by paying 200 € to Karim: [email protected]. Balance is due by mid-September.
60 € are registration fees, so in case you cancel your participation before the 15th of April 2024, we’ll refund 140 €. After that, we won’t be able to refund the down payment.
The price of the (optional) 4-day trek (15-18) in the Atlas Mountains will range between 400 € and 450 € depending on the number of participants. The full amount is due by mid-April. More details about the trek will be sent to the registrants at a later time.
Don't miss Eyal's books...
Subscribe for updates on new events and content